ALL ABOUT BITSAT
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is a computer-based admission test conducted by BITS for its unified under graduate programs. BITS is India’s most renowned and reputed private college for engineering and higher studies. The college is known for its top- notch campus facilities, world class infrastructure, diverse student base and proficient faculty. Birla Institute of Technology & Science offers several integrated first degree programs across its four campuses namely: Pilani, Dubai, Goa and Hyderabad.
Eligibility Criteria: It mirrors the basic requirements that the candidate should have for the program they are going to apply:
• For admission to any of the under graduate programs of BITS, candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with aggregate minimum marks of 75% in each.
• Candidates should be proficient in English.
• Candidates already studying at any on the BITS campuses are not eligible to appear for BITSAT 2021.
• Direct Admission to Board Toppers: The authorities have provided a special provision for the class 12 toppers of the various state as well as central boards of education which exempts them from appearing for the BITSAT entrance exam. However, such students are only exempted from BITSAT and not from the other eligibility criteria.
Exam Pattern: Candidates going to appear for BITSAT exam should be able to understand the exam pattern in order to kick start their preparation. This will help them perform well in the entrance exam.
- Mode of Examination: Online Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective)
- Medium of Paper: English
- Sections in Question Paper: Part I – Physics
Part II – Chemistry
Part III – English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
Part IV – Mathematics
- Marking Scheme:
• For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded.
• For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
• For untried questions, no marks will be given.
Syllabus: BITSAT syllabus comprises of the entire major and sub topics of class 11th and 12th NCERT curriculum of subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. It’s critical to be thorough with the main concepts, in order to sail through the exam.
Application Form: BITSAT 2021 application form is expected to be released in the second week of January in online mode. The last date to register and fill the BITSAT application form is tentatively the last week of March. Candidates may refer to the steps mentioned below for filling the BITSAT application form:
• Visit the official website at bitsadmission.com and click to register.
• Enter the basic personal and academic details while filling the application form.
• Candidates will be required to upload scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
• The next step requires candidates to pay the application fee via online mode through credit card/ debit card/ online banking or even offline.
As the BITSAT 2021 is round the corner, it’s time for you to buckle up your socks and get ready to give your best and get into your dream college. Don’t panic or get tensed as VMC has decoded the hacks, tips and tricks for BITSAT. Kindly tune into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2TkliAXac to know more.
Nothing causes as much as fear as exams, especially, the ones which lays the foundation of your whole career. It might seem a bit difficult and stressful but just keep calm, push yourself, work towards your goals and remember, “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”