TIPS TO CRACK JEE
TIPS TO CRACK -JEE
“Perseverance is the key to success”
There is no substitute for hard work isn’t it? And when specially your exams are knocking at your doors, the one and only option available is ‘to revise and revise’. Since the countdown has already begun for the most important Engineering entrance exam of 2020, that’s JEE, the students should leave no stones unturned for practice and revision. How often you have heard that it’s nearly impossible to crack JEE and get yourself admitted to the college you have aspired for so long! JEE is one of the most difficult entrance exam of the country and every year lakhs of students fight nearly neck to neck for cracking the same and get into their dream colleges. Hence, it requires thorough preparation strategies and clear mind set in order for acing the same. Infact , in this fierce battlefield of competition for dream colleges, the students need to brush up vigorously and rigorously to make their limits reach up to the sky and then happily conquering it. Therefore , here remains some knocking tips to let your dream college knock at your doorstep!
JEE happens twice a year with JEE MAINS and JEE ADVANCED. Those qualifying the former gets admitted into NITs , IIIT and GFTI. But for getting admission into the IITs , one has to clear further the JEE ADVANCED exam . While JEE MAINS is conducted twice a year by the NTA, JEE ADVANCED is conducted only once by the designated IIT. However , both of these require thorough preparations and ways in order to get through. From selection of study books and materials to your mentor to your revision strategies, each point is utterly crucial for making a big difference. So , let’s go through the tips one by one and see if they can make big things possible!
● FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL FIRST: Usually one starts preparing for the JEE exams in class 11 or in some cases it may be earlier too. But the fact which needs to be kept in mind that one should have a clear vision of his or her goals and aspirations. You should ask yourself whether you really aspire to become an Engineer or if your goal is to clear the JEE or are you mentally prepared for taking the huge pressures that such kinds of competitive exams bring with it. Once you are all set up in your mind for these, give yourself a push for cracking the same.
● PICKING UP THE RIGHT NCERT BOOKS: NCERT books form the cradle of the JEE syllabus. Pick up the right books which have an extensive coverage of the syllabus, rather than directly going for the reference books. Your main purpose should be first to understand the syllabus and concepts , than to solve directly the questions.
● GIVE YOURSELF THE RIGHT MENTOR OR GUIDANCE: Acing these exams require a proper guidance to help you learn the tips and tricks for solving the questions easily. However the mistake which most students make at this point is that they often can’t juggle between their schooling schedule and the timings of their coaching classes for these competitive exams. You should keep in mind that you shouldn’t compromise one for the other. Rather pick up the mentor who should facilitate both and your preparation shouldn’t be time-constraint.
● STUDY REVISION NOTES WISELY AND CAREFULLY : Your JEE preparation is incomplete without revising the units. Identify your weak areas, consolidate them and carefully revise them unit wise. Try to focus on understanding concepts subject wise and continuously go on memorizing the formulae and diagrams. Stress more on solving the key concepts and carefully jot down the focal ones.
● SCHEDULING A PROPER TIME-TABLE WOULD MAKE THINGS EASIER: At this point of time , try to prepare a routine including slots for each subject. Try scheduling your breaks within it and ensure that you have a proper sleep cycle. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep and stick to a proper diet and say a big NO to heavy junk food. Don’t overstress yourself.
● CHOOSE YOUR REFERENCE BOOKS WISELY: Reference books contain a lot of key and conceptual problems to work out for. But you should remember that not all the reference books available in the market are accurate or are necessary to solve. Calculate yourself to know what is or are important and then proceed on accordingly.
● DON’T LEARN ANYTHING NEW JUST BEFORE THE EXAM : This time of the year should be concentrated on revising the old and already learned things again and again. Don’t try to learn any new concept or focus on anything new. Doing so , would derail the base already prepared or made by you.
● PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT : Try and solve as much as you can , the practice sheets, previous years’ question papers, mock questions , tests and assessment sheets. Set yourself a time limit, within which try to fix your goals of solving some particular questions. This should ensure your comfort level. Solve questions , keeping in mind the time frame and then push yourself beyond your limits and set your goals further. This should be done on a daily basis and recapitulate what you have already prepared.
●LEARN FROM YOUR PREVIOUS MISTAKES: Failure is the pillar of success.. how often we have heard it , right? In fact it’s from our mistakes that we learn the correct things. While revising identify where are the areas that you are getting wrong. List them down and then try not repeating those. Once done , bring out the list and put a ‘right’ arrow on the mistake you repeated and a ‘cross’ mark on the one you haven’t. This would definitely improve not only your learning skills , but hone your confidence level.
TIPS TO CRACK JEE WITH VMC
Over the years the name of VMC has become synonymous with success in Engineering exams . VMC provides its students with a set of study materials prepared to ensure comprehension of even the most difficult topics. It includes well designed layouts, innovative explanations , simple examples and other research proven techniques of study material, presentation.
We know what it takes to crack IIT-JEE better than most experts in the industry , since we have the highest selection rate and have produced tens of thousands of IITians since inception.
We provide a simulated exam experience to students to prepare them for the pressures of IIT-JEE Entrance. We have regular objective work sheets, solved examples and in-chapter exercises to ensure students internalize core concepts.
What is important that your preparation and revision should be time friendly. Hence , at home , while revising for JEE , you can simultaneously participate in our online live classes and work on various assessment sheets and conceptual problems. Remember that , concept knowledge is more crucial than the number of questions.
Overall , one should never panic. Relax yourself after each hour by tuning to your favourite music or playing the game you enjoy the most or just by chatting with your family members. Remember , a strenuous learning can never fetch you fruitful results , so try to remain as calm as possible. At VMC, we try to make students enjoy the preparations rather than making it feel like burden. You should never loose track of your goal and have a determined state of mind. Remember that nothing is impossible , not even JEE if you try hard for it and have well clear cut convictions to ace it by hook or by crook!