TIPS TO HELP YOU UNLEASH YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
What would you do if you were not afraid? What if you had a life shorn of the walls built around you?
What if the scars from the past vanished and you were liberated to breathe a sigh of relief? What if you were able to discard off the heavy weight of vulnerability from your shoulders? What if the obscure things excited you about the future than holding you back from embracing the unknown? What if you decided to relish the journey than running towards the destination? What if the things you are seeking for outside is hidden deep within you, waiting for you to find?
Unleashing your true potential is like searching mysterious gem. It is not as concealed as it seems. All it requires sometimes is the right person, right experience or even right words to help you revive all that your atoms are made up of. There are few tips which could aid you in unleashing your potential whilst giving breath to your life, they are:
• Witness your Feelings: You are the only person in the world who exactly knows what you feel. Others may guess, speculate or ask, but they never know for sure. Sometimes you are excited, worried, feel pain and sometimes you are bored to death and want to dissemble this fact. Take responsibility for your feelings and observe when you feel unusually high or low and think why. Take a sheet of paper and list last week moments that energized you and depressed you.
• Give Yourself the First Priority: Don’t care about what others think. You’ll come across thousands of people who will disregard you and shun your dreams. When every time someone tells you that you don’t have what it takes, you close your ears and walk away with your heads up high. Because, as long as you believe in yourself and your goals, it doesn’t matter what people think or say. Just keep moving. Stand up for yourself. People will always belittle you but you have got to take pride in what you own. Don’t give anybody the power to control you or your goals. If you believe in something then stand up for it, even if the whole world is against you. You are the armor of your dreams, protect it until it’s achieved.
• Set Challenging, yet Attainable Goals: Settings goals is a great way to trigger action and motivate. Exciting goals arouse the flow experience that so many people want. The key to unleash potentials is to set stimulating, challenging goals that are reachable and not crushing.
• Everyday Counts: As Lao-Tzu said “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Don’t think for too long. Discover your strengths and weaknesses, find the world hunger you may feed, set thought-provoking goals for them, but at the end, use every day to make just a small step towards it.
• Work on Your Habits: Every day we make hundreds and thousands of decisions, but most of them subconsciously. All these small and big decisions sum up to your life. Therefore, working on habits become all the more important. You may turn negative patterns into positive, and learn how to be thankful, how to deal with stress, have healthy and inspiring relationships. Changing habits is not an overnight job, but once formed they will positively influence numerous of your decisions later on.
• Follow your Passion: Exploring areas that spark your interest, developing your skills in a specific area, and using those skills to contribute to something beyond yourself. Pursuing your passion lowers stress and contributes to greater happiness over all.
• Be Grateful: If you’re thankful for the things you have in life, you will have more. If you keep complaining then, you’ll never have enough. Therefore, it’s important for you to oblige and appreciate the opportunities that life has given you.
• Comprehend your strengths: Knowing what you love and realizing your strengths will help you understand what you’re great at. The blend of strengths, passion, focus and persistence should never be undervalued for it’s a deadly combination.
• View Failure Positively: Failure brings with it unmatched opportunities. The closing of certain doors opens new doors and paths for you to chase and shine at. Had you not failed initially, there would have been no possible way for you to come across the new opportunity.
• Take Risks: Be Brave. Take risks. Don’t be afraid of failures. If you have big dreams, you’re accustomed to feel overwhelmed, and the feeling of not being able to do it will creep in every now and then. It’s in the moment like these that you’ve to gather your courage, build yourself up, look inside the warrior in you and keep going. Every successful person has been afraid, and that’s what has helped them achieve the pinnacle of triumph. Just think about how much desperate you are to achieve your goals, put all your fears at bay and keep climbing, taking small steps at a time.
There’s nothing anyone can do to prevent you from reaching your potential; the challenge is for you to identify your dream, develop the skills to get there. Evolution never stops. With a life full of possibilities, you have the potential to keep building on your progress and laying the foundation for your best self. No matter what, you can always do more and be better. Just realise that, “The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.”