STAY WARM, MOTIVATED AND FOCUSED THIS WINTER
“Life can stare you into any direction.
Stay strong, keep balance, keep pushing forward and never give up.”
― Wazim Shaw
The feeling of staying warm, cosy and comfortable in blankets has sunken as we are all waking up to the winter chills. Sipping hot tea under the sun bask during this time of the year is unparalleled, however, it is also important to not let the transience of the season restrain us from our goals and dreams. While it is sane and healthy to keep our bodies warm, it is also significant that we keep our minds cool while buckling up for JEE and NEET exam.
As students, are on the threshold of building careers, it is crucial to stay motivated and focused without hovering away from the track. Its true that the evil grudges of the Pandemic are still lurking on , creating pessimism and fearfulness all around. Hence, this Winter is not like others…There will be no picnics, no get-togethers, no functions, no fairs , Christmas parties won’t be the same this year and you can’t go around busking in the sun freely this time. This fact of being restrained at home, with continuous online classes, a sense of uncertainty no doubt is difficult to cope up with. But don’t be discouraged… Always remember that , ‘if winter is there, spring can’t be far behind’ and that the sun will shine once more and the skies will be blue , keeping all the pessimism at bay and freeing the world of this Pandemic. Till that time, you have to keep yourself strong, motivated and grounded. . Seasons will come and go, but what will remain constant is your dreams and the work you put forward to achieve them. As far as you’ve held your heads high and as long as you’re encouraged, there’s nothing in this world that could stop you from clearing your entrance exams with flying colors. Moreover, JEE and NEET exams won’t be postponed, our Education Minister has clarified that and hence this time of the year should be exploited fruitfully to gain the maximum benefits. There are few tips and tricks that could help you in staying motivated and focused, they are:
• Think about your future. Think about what you want to achieve in life. What is it that you want? What is it that you’re willing to fight for? The answers will probably help you strive for your dreams.
• Create a time schedule. Make a layout of what you will study for the whole day whilst making time for breaks and your hobbies, which will not only recharge you but will further stir you to stay determined in order to complete your day’s syllabi.
• There may be times, when you’d want to surrender and you’re not alone, the feeling is common but for every time you feel like giving up, just remember why you started.
• Stay in touch with your family, friends and teachers. They’ll always be the first ones to push and motivate you, towards your goals.
• Learn from your mistakes. Your competitor is not the other person but it’s you. You have to outperform yourself while improving your skills.
• Trust yourself and believe in what you’re doing. You are your biggest cheerleader. For as long as you have faith in yourself, then leave behind JEE or NEET, you can conquer anything in this universe.
• Eat and sleep adequately. In order to stay focused, your body needs to be fit, both mentally and physically. Thereby, it’s essential to follow a well-balanced diet with proper seven to eight hours of sleep every day.
• Reward yourself whenever you achieve your target goal. Take yourself on a coffee date in your favorite corner of your room, with your favorite music playing on , as you can’t go outside .Eat that dessert you’ve been craving for long.
• Try to stay calm and composed. Don’t let negativity and toxic thoughts flutter your mind. Doing meditation for couple of minutes every day can do magic!
• Stay determined. Strive for your goals. Be the hardest working person you know. And watch your dreams unfold before your eyes.
If you concentrate and focus long enough, you’ll be able to master any skill.
And preparing for JEE and NEET requires similar amount of persistence. If you are not focused and are distracted, it is unlikely that you’ll achieve the results you desire. Acquiring a high level of motivation and focus is challenging. It takes time and perseverance, however, once you’ve reached a certain level, you’ll see powerful outcomes. Therefore, whatever you do, do it with utmost drive, focus and integrity. As it’s rightly said, “Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not clichés but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path.”